You know when you see those awesome piped cupcakes and think, why don’t mine ever look like that? It’s probably because you don’t have an awesome buttercream recipe. This one works like magic every time.
Butter Cream Icing
Yield 12 cupcakes
- 500 grams of icing sugar
- 160 grams of unsalted butter (room temp)
- 50ml milk
- 4 drops of vanilla extract
- as much food colouring as you need to get the right colour
- Beat the icing sugar and butter together in a mixer with a whisk attachment on slow speed until it combines.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract slowly.
- Turn it up to high speed and beat for about six minutes.
And if you forgot to let your butter get to room temperature and you’re in a rush (or if you’re in Australia and it’s Summer and that’s not an option) just head here for my super handy baking tips. They will sort you out. Enjoy.