Chorizo Quiche Recipe
- 5 medium sized eggs. I recommend free range because I'm a good person. You should probably be one too.
- A 300g tub of sour cream. It's not an exact art though, so whatever you have will do. You can use normal cream or milk but for a really silky texture, I like to use sour cream.
- 1 and a half chorizo sausages, chopped into 1 cm slices and cooked.
- 1 cup of grated tasty cheese. Again, you can really use any type of cheese you want, quiches are very forgiving.
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley.
- 2 sheets of shortcrust pastry.
- Oil for the dish.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 1 tomato for decoration.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Chop and cook the chorizo in a frying pan.
- While it is cooling, put the eggs, sour cream, grated cheese, parsley, salt, pepper in a large bowl and stir. I used to layer in the ingredients but now I just whack them in together and give them a mix, it's less fuss and less washing up.
- Oil the deep dish pan and lay one of the pastry sheets in. Don't be too precious, cut the second square into strips and patchwork it all together until the whole dish is covered then with a sharp knife, trim off the excess.
- Now use a fork and press the pastry down the whole way around the crust to make the pattern. This will help it stay in place as well as making it look pretty. Also, put a bunch of holes all over the pastry at this point.
- Put the cooled chorizo in the big bowl with the other ingredients, mix and pour it all into the crust.
- Now with a pastry brush, dip it in the egg mixture and paint all around the edge of the crust so it's all soaked, this will help it to brown but not burn.
- Slice the tomato pretty thin and lay it on some kitchen paper until most of the juice absorbs, now gently lay it on the top of your quiche.
- Bake for 10 mins at 200 then turn it down to 150 and leave it for another 40 mins.
Recipe by Patchwork Cactus at https://patchworkcactus.com/chorizo-quiche-recipe/