A DIY dry shampoo recipe is one every lady needs to have in their book, it’s so easy to make! About as easy as underestimating how oily your hair is until after you’re out of the shower.
This recipe calls for three ingredients and, it’s possible that you already have them in your cupboard. All the ingredients are entirely natural which is a huge win! I mean, you could literally eat it (but please don’t) and it smells like chocolate.
Real talk; it’s not going to work as well as a store-bought one, but it will get you out of a bind when you need something to make you feel a little more human.
DIY Dry Shampoo Recipe Ingredients
- 3 parts corn flour
- 1 part cacao (more if your hair is very dark.)
- A few drops of oil – we used this one
- Some small rocks or crystals
- 1 salt shaker
DIY Dry Shampoo Recipe Directions
- Mix the cacao, corn flour and oil in a bowl.
- Pour it into a saltshaker and add the little rocks or crystals. These will help it to un-clump when shaken.
- Apply it to your hair under the top layer and give it a good tussle.
- If you don’t have a saltshaker, you can apply it with a blush brush.
- Add some icing sugar to turn it into texturising powder. DIY Dry Shampoo Recipe