I have missed you. My bloggy holiday is officially over and I'm starting off the new year with a quick update on the festive season. It was epic and lovely and a bit too much – which is in my opinion the best way to do it. I like to burst into the new year swearing to never drink, eat junk, or spend a dollar ever again. And I achieved it. It's all fun and games till your pants don't fit.
Now it's back to it. January is going to be equally epic with looming deadlines, a first day of pre-school, a dear childhood friend's hens weekend and wedding, a trip to the middle of no where to see the in-laws and…. actually I think that's it. That's enough.
So without anymore banging on from me, here is what you're looking at.
1. We started the Christmas period with a trip to the hospital to get Squawk's eyebrow glued, I call this; When Kmart Attacks. (He is wearing RothKo Clothing)
2. An Instagram snapshot featuring one of the most amazing breakfasts I have ever eaten, a beautiful Christmas book and some corners of our world.
3. Random Acts of Christmas Kindness number 14.
4. Bath crayons are thirsty work. And a hell of a lot of fun. (Tug boat by Green Toys).
5. The preschool teachers got home made lemon curd and a loaf of sourdough for Christmas.
6. The first year Packy and I lived together, we only had koala decorations on the tree, I love seeing the few that remain hanging on between the millions of others I have accumulated in the seven years since.
7. Wishing tree visits, picking the gift for another child was serious business. She must have taken about twenty minutes to decide.
8. I always put myself in charge of kids' dessert, this year I made sugar cookie men and the kids all decorated them.
9. More Instagram captures.
10. Squawk could alternatively be know as 'splash'. It would be just as fitting. (It's not his real name by the way).
11. My birthday is New Years Day, here's how it went according to Instagram.
Sammie @ The Annoyed Thyroid
Happy Birthday! Happy Holidays! Happy New Year! Happy Everything! I know I’m late with all of them but better late than never, hey! I love all these pics but the splash pic is just the best! What a capture!
Thanks darling, and to you too. I am CHUFFED with the splash pic. How awesome is it!! xoxo