Yes, technically this is a Mother’s Day gift guide but really it’s just my personal wishlist.
Ok, so as far as Mother's Day goes I sort of agree that it is a totally made up holiday but what holiday isn't made up?
Hand picked flowers or some hand print artwork are some of my favourite things and my no shop gift guide has some great ideas… but there are some amazing smaller brands and artist doing rad-tastic stuff so yeah, any excuse to blog about pretty things right? If you are interested in seeing more of my design crushes, I have a Wishlist on Pinterest you can go check out.
1) Sticks and Sparrow Eyewear – these glasses are so freakin cool, I spotted some in Jindy on the long weekend and basically haven't stopped banging on about them since. How cool are they? I tried them all on (like every pair in the shop) and they all looked and felt great. Sigh, not in my budget this week but if you are going to drop $185 buck on glasses, these should be the ones. They also come with free Karma because it's all sustainable bamboo – Bam!
2) These Scatter Love Postcards that I have just realised are out of stock,(dickhead!) no! Ok, well you can't buy these but you can buy lots of amazing Aussie designed letter-love products, greeting cards and pretties from Emma Kate Creative. If you do want postcards specifically, hit up Little Paper Lane - they are always good for this sort of stuff. (blogger fail save right there.)
3) This Amazing print by Laura Blythman is so great! Fun, colourful and so, so pretty. I would love one of her images in my home. I actually just hit her up to design a new header for my blog, so I'm is serious love people.
4) I adore Polli, do you? This wooden fungi necklace by the Sydney design duo is really gorgeous, and on sale right now. They have so much amazing stuff, and it's all Aussie made and sustainably created. And now they make clothes too! I'm seriously crushing on this top. Yey for you Polli.
5) Just about anything by Wind & Willow Home makes me seriously excited. Everything, like EVERYTHING, do not click that link. These wooden bowls are hand-dipped in synthetic rubber that is hand mixed. Shipping to Australia is a bit exy but it is just too pretty not to include.
So there you have it, a bit of local (and not so local) love for Mother's day. Although what I have actually asked for is a sleep in, no nappy changes for a day and as many cups of tea as I can drink. I hope all you great mum's get whatever your heart desires, I'm guessing for a lot of you this is sleep.
What do you want for Mother's Day?