I haven’t been baking much lately, which is a bit crap as my kids LOVE baking and I so do I.
So the other day I decided to make one of my favourite recipes. It’s a white chocolate blondie and it’s all sorts of awesome. If you like a super thick and gooey brownie, this one’s probably not for you. It’s not too hardcore, you can eat a few pieces without needing a glass of water and a lie-down.
If you wanted a stickier style brownie, just add a bit more sugar and chocolate. Oh, and they taste mighty fine if you add raspberries, chai flavouring or macadamias to the mix. It’s a super versatile recipe.
White Chocolate Blondie
- 225 grams of white chocolate
- 185 grams of butter
- 165 grams of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of flour
- A pinch of salt
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water and mix until it is all smooth.
- Pour it into a separate bowl with the sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing in-between so they don't cook.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients and mix before pouring into a buttered brownie tin or whatever you have handy. I used a pie dish.
- Bake at 180 degrees for half an hour.
Eat with tea, pack in lunchboxes (if they make it that far) or just smash them straight out of the oven while standing at the kitchen bench.
And if you do make them, make sure to tag me on Instagram so I can check out your batch! Is that weird that I want to see them?